GORDON RAMSAY – ULTIMATE FIT FOOD – CHILLI BEEF LETTUCE WRAP RECIPE
– Olive oil, for frying
– 200g lean minced beef
– 200g minced pork
– Toasted sesame oil, for frying
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
– 5cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
– 1–2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
– 1 tbsp light brown sugar
– 1 tbsp fish sauce
– Zest of 1 lime, juice of ¹/³
– 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2 little gem lettuces, separated into leaves, to serve
FOR THE DRESSING:
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– Juice of ½ lime
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
– Small bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
– 1–2 tsp fish sauce, to taste
– 1 tsp light brown sugar
– 1 tbsp olive oil
01) Heat a large frying pan and add a little oil. Mix the minced beef and pork together. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed. Fry the mince in the hot pan for 5–7 minutes until crisp and brown and broken down to a fine consistency. Drain the crisped mince in a sieve – this will help it stay crispy. Set aside.
02) Wipe out the pan and add a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Fry with a pinch of salt and the sugar for 2 minutes. Add the drained mince and stir to mix.
03) Add the fish sauce and heat through. Stir in the lime zest and juice, then add the spring onions, stirring for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
04) Mix all the dressing ingredients together and adjust to taste.
05) To serve, spoon some of the mince mixture into the lettuce leaves, drizzle with a little dressing and serve.
Gordon Ramsay is also a published author of a number of books, many of which have become bestsellers around the world, most notably his autobiography, Roasting in Hell’s Kitchen.